Rural Municipality of Weyburn No. 67
Bylaw No. 8-2018
Public Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 207 of The Planning and Development Act, 2007 that the Rural Municipality of Weyburn No. 67 intends to adopt Bylaw No. 8-2018, a bylaw to amend the Municipality’s Zoning Bylaw. All lands within the RM of Weyburn shall be affected unless otherwise specified. The reason for the Zoning Bylaw Amendment is to provide general housekeeping amendments, to provide clarification and consistency within the Zoning Bylaw and to make changes to the Zoning District Map.
Zoning Bylaw amendment includes:
- Clarification of Definitions;
- Updating the requirements for a Development Permit;
- Updating all wording to reflect the Planning and Development Fees Bylaw;
- Approval of the standards and criteria regarding Roadways and Approaches;
- Sight Triangles in all Zoning districts shall be calculated by a speed to distance ratio;
- Clarification of General Regulations affecting Signs and Billboards and regulations for Signs and Billboards in all Zoning Districts;
- Deleting references to Figures 5 and 7 that have been removed previously;
- Allowing Council to review increased site size proposals in the Agricultural Resource District, under certain conditions;
- Revising the Minimum Separation Distances Relating to Potash, Fertilizer, Ethanol, Oil and/or Gas Operations Table to reflect current regulations; and
- Amending the Zoning District map by rezoning NE 3-9-14 W2 Parcel Z from CR- Country Residential to AR – Agricultural Resource District.
Examination of Bylaws
Any interested person may inspect the Bylaw at the RM office at 23 – 6th Street N.E. in Weyburn, Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Copies of the bylaw are available at cost. In addition, the Bylaw including an electronic map, in reference to the rezoning, can be found on our website at http://www.rmweyburn.ca.
Council will be holding a public hearing on October 10, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. in the R.M. Boardroom, 23 – 6th Street N.E. in Weyburn, to hear any person or group that wants to comment on the proposed bylaw. Council will also consider written comments received at the hearing, or delivered to the undersigned prior to the hearing. Should you have questions or wish to discuss the Bylaw, please contact Candice Kotylak, Development Officer, at 306-842-2314.
Issued at Weyburn, Saskatchewan, this 26th day of September, 2018.
Pamela Scott, Administrator
Attachment of Bylaw: Bylaw 8-2018